|Operation Christmas Child provides Christmas Shoe-boxes to children around the world stuffed full of toys, games, school supplies and more important, the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus.|
If you haven't heard of Operation Christmas Child, you can check out some videos and stories here: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
Over the next 6 weeks, let's start collecting items for our Christmas Shoe-boxes. We have 100 shoe-boxes provided, so we don't need to worry about finding and locating boxes this year. Our focus and energy can be directed towards collecting the following items for BOYS and GIRLS age: 2-4 years old, 5-9 year old and 10-14 year old.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.