FIVE PRACTICAL IDEAS TO BLESS OTHERS
- Bake cookies and pass them out to your neighbors with a note that
lets them know you are praying for them. Let them know if there is
anything they need you are willing to help.
- Start a lawn mowing group of guys that spends one Saturday a month
mowing yards of people who need the help (widows, disabled, elderly,
single moms, people without a mower) in your neighborhood.
- Create a gift basket with goodies in it for people who’s work
typically goes un noticed around you (trash men, janitors, food service
people, mechanic, etc.). Let them know your thankful for them and you
appreciate what they do.
- Offer to keep the kids of another couple in your community once a month so that they can go out for a date night.
- Leave a couple favorite grocery items of someone else in your MC’s on their front porch. Don’t tell them its from you just say its from the MC family.
CONSIDER – GENESIS 12:1-3, EPHESIANS 1:22-23, 2:8-10, 1 PETER 2:12Much of what we do is not meant to add things to the schedule, but bring intentionality to the things we are already doing.
This blog post was adapted from a post written by Josh Reeves on the planting missional communities website.