After watching that video two things may come to mind, 1) I really want a coke and 2) you may ask, "How are our [MC]s like a family?" I'm glad you asked the latter. Here are few simple characteristics that I believe help our [MC]s become a family.
[MC]s and families....
- Have a shared vision. What do we exist for? In other words, in what way is this community going to make disciples?
- Are committed to sharing resources. No one is in need, and we have all things in common. (Acts 2:44-45)
- Live as an extended family. We understand that we are more than a nuclear family, but more like a family of 10 to 15 people... that's ever growing as more and more family members are adopted in.
- Have Moms & Dads, or leaders who are in “fathering & mothering” mode. Someone to ensure the family stays together and all head in the same direction.
- Pray together. Simple.
- Share a common meal... often. Not every once a in a while, but all the time. Breaking bread as family means something; it's where we connect and check in. Without this, the family can be divided.
So, what are you doing to make sure we live as a family? Don't leave it to "mom & dad" to handle it all. So let's all chip in and help, because after all, that's what families do!